WordPress Security best plugin

Discussion in 'WordPress Security' started by Paul, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Paul

Paul New Member

WordPress is undoubtedly the most popular CMS and because of its popularity, hackers tend to target such blogs. WordPress security plugins will help you to improve the security of your website.

For WordPress security there are a lot of applications. You will find more than 1000 options, if you just type in the word "security" in the WordPress search for plugins. But there is a problem of choice. On which plugin you can really rely on? Let's try to figure it out together.

2. Nick

Nick New Member

I use Jetpack, with Vaultpress and Akismet, They have been fantastic with their support, always get back to me when I have a problem and work with me to solve it.

3. David

David New Member

For most people there is a strong hesitation to installed jetpack on their website because it is such a heavy plug-in. I know for me personally I don't really want to install a Swiss Army knife type of plug-in that does everything.

4. Nick

Nick New Member

I agree, it does have a lot of features and it was interesting to hear your comment on how it can slow the site down, I have been working on my site to get it to load faster, worth checking jetpac to see how much it may slow the site.

5. Jake

Jake New Member

I did use WordFence in the free version but now i only use iThemes Security. The main reason, for me to NOT use, WordFence is the 30 day delay policy in the "Real-Time Threat Defense Feed" for the free version. From WordFence : "Premium members receive the real-time version of the Threat Defense Feed. Free users receive the community version, which is delayed by 30 days." For me going basically unprotected for 30 is not acceptable.